Monday, December 1, 2008

Benefits of Cordless Screw Guns

By Mark J. Donovan

Unequivocally the cordless screw gun is the most useful tool in my toolbox. I use it for everything. Besides using my screw gun for assembling small projects, I also use it for, hanging drywall, installing decking and electrical work. Heck, I even use it for small projects like hanging pictures.

A screw gun is just one of those tools that is so versatile that everyone should own one.

What I really like about them most is that there is no cord to drag around. The model I have comes with two batteries, so I can have one charging why I’m using the other.

Second, they have an adjustable collar and clutch that stops the screw gun from overdriving screws. This is very useful when installing drywall screws where it is important to not overdrive the screw into the drywall.

Third, they support a variety of bit heads. Such as philps heads, flat heads, or square heads for installing decking screws. You can even use drill bits with them, so that the screw gun can effectively double as a drill.

And finally, what I really like about them, is I save time and wear and tear on my wrist and elbow.

Yes the screwdriver still has its place, but when you have a large project that requires a lot of screws, or just want to get the job done fast, a cordless screw gun is the ticket.

0 comments:

Post a Comment