Sunday, September 19, 2010

Trip to Annecy, France and Classic Stone House

Spent the Week on the Shores of Annecy Lake in a Classic Chateau Style Hotel

By Mark J. Donovan

Last week I was in Annecy, France and had a chance to climb a mountain in the foothills of the French Alps. Along the way to the mountain I was able to snap some gorgeous photos. Shown in the adjacent picture is a classic stone house on the outskirts of Annecy, France.

The views at the top of the mountain were absolutely spectacular. I also had a chance to observe up close and in person paragliding. I watched probably a hundred people take off from the edge of the mountain (around 1300 meters) into the skies over the Annecy Lake valley area. Though I didn’t attempt to paraglide this time, it’s on my list of things to do on my next trip to Annecy, France.

While in Annecy, I stayed at the Palace de Menthon, a classic chateau style hotel sitting on the shores of Annecy Lake. Annecy Lake was absolutely gorgeous with emerald water. It sits at the foothills of the French Alps, near the Swiss border and is absolutely crystal clear. It is considered the cleanest lake in all of Europe, and I have to agree. It was simply spectacular.
Besides the gorgeous views and climate, the wine and food were also phenomenal. Suffice it to say, I am looking forward to visiting Annecy, France again and connecting up with my European colleagues.









0 comments:

Post a Comment