Saturday, December 19, 2009

How to Caulk a Shower Stall Video

Simple Tips on Caulking a Shower Stall

By Mark J. Donovan

Last week I was able to try out some new caulk from DAP on a shower stall caulking project. I did a short video on it, so check it out below.

In the video I show a few simple tips on how to caulk a shower stall. All you need to do it right is some silicone based caulk, a caulking gun, a utility knife, a rag, and some masking tape.

It is important to remove all of the old caulk prior to installing new caulk as silicone caulk sticks well to everything except itself. Use a utility knife to help cut away and scrape out the old caulk.

After removing all of the old caulk and cleaning up the shower pan with a rag, I then apply masking tape just above and below the seam I want to caulk. This helps to get a fast and clean caulk line.

Once the masking tape is applied I then apply a bead of caulk in the seam. When applying the caulk it is important to go at a steady rate so that you do not apply too much or too little caulk.

After applying the caulk, I then use my finger and a moist paper towel, and run it along the bead of caulk.

Finally, I remove the masking tape to achieve a fast and clean caulk seam. After 24 hours I was using my shower again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment