Sunday, September 14, 2008

Removed the Air Conditioners and Closed the Pool in Anticipation of Fall

By Mark J. Donovan

With fall nearly upon us, today I decided to remove the two air conditioners from windows in our home. Unfortunately the humidity was so high, I was dripping by the time I removed them. I almost decided to plug one of them in while it sat on the floor just to cool and dry myself off.

I also closed the pool yesterday. Closing a pool is never a straight forward procedure. Inevitably I find myself running to the pool store to buy more chemicals or replacement parts. After about 6 hours though we finally had the cover on and the filter stored away.

If weather permits, next week I will be tackling some siding repair. I have a couple of water damaged clapboards that need to be replaced. If I have the time I will film the process and post it in the weeks ahead. It is always a challenge to remove a clapboard without damaging the ones below or above them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment