Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Home Freeze Alarms are another Alternative to a Programmable Thermostat

By Mark J. Donovan

I installed a home freeze alarm in a vacation home a couple of years ago.

Similar to the benefits of a programmable thermostat, it allows me to control the temperature of the home via a simple phone call. With two thermostats tying into it, I have one set at 50 degrees and the other set at 70 degrees. With one quick phone call I can switch the thermostat being monitored by the freeze alarm system. This is excellent when I am gone for a few weeks. I can have the heat set at 50 degrees while I am not there and then simply make a phone call to switch to the 70 degree set thermostat. All I do is call 2 hours before I set off for the home, and it is toasty warm when I get there.

In addition, the home freeze alarm protects my home by calling me if the temperature in the home goes below a pre-programmed level.

0 comments:

Post a Comment